We love our friends at Sweet Freedom and couldn't resist making these delicious vegan brownies with their two new syrups. Some people may be sceptical about having beetroot in a dessert but it really mimics the gooey texture of regular brownies without adding a vegetable flavour. The cranberries are optional in the brownie but add an extra layer of fruitiness. As for the frosting, the avocado and cacao powder are so good it has been called "better than buttercream". But don't take our word for it, try it yourself...
For the Brownies:
- 210g Flour
- 200g Beetroot
- 25g Raw Cacao Powder
- 30g Dried Cranberries
- 50ml ORANGE CHOC SHOT
- 25ml LIGHT SYRUP
- 100ml Plant Based Milk (Almond works really well)
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Tbsp of Coconut Oil
For the Frosting:
- 2 Avocados
- 10g Raw Cacao Powder
- 10ml LIGHT SYRUP
- 10g Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sieve the flour and separate the cranberries in half so there is are two measurements of 15g.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is a runny liquid.
- Stir in the remaining cranberries and pour into an oven proof dish.
- Put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes – until the top is crispy.
- Destone the avocado and put all the ingredients in a food processor.
- You can change how much cacao powder or LIGHT SYRUP there is depending on how bitter or sweet you want it.
- Let the brownies cool and then you can frost away…
Serve with a vegan ice cream, a big dollop of Sweet Freedom, or on their own, and don’t worry if you can’t finish them all in one – they taste even better the next day!
Save up to 30% with our bundles
Grab a saving by bundling together our best-sellers and experience feeding freedom here, there & everywhere.Go to bundles