Stew for TWO🥕 we love creating and encouraging meals that can be eaten by the whole family, and when you’ve got tons of vegetables to use up, a hearty stew hits the spot.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 handfuls of new potatoes, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 450ml chicken stock – low salt
- Dash of garlic granules
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Dumpling mix (added extra – optional for a treat!)
– Heat the oil and cook the chicken pieces with the garlic over a high heat for a few minutes, turning to get all sides golden!
– Remove chicken from the pan to a plate while you cook the onion in the same oil and heat until soft!
– Peel and chop potatoes, carrots, parsnips and the onion!
– Add the rest of the ingredients including the chicken to the pan, pour in your stock, stir well and bring to a simmer
– Put a lid on and leave to cook for an hour and a half.
– Mash a couple of the pieces of new potato down, and use a fork to shred the chicken slightly to thicken the gravy a little and serve straight to the table!
Check out more recipes over on our Blog