A subtle twist on the classic pancake recipe, that's easy to make and looks great. It’s also a cheeky way to sneak some fruit into dessert and the natural sweetness from the raspberries means that you don’t need to add any sugar – something they have more than enough of on pancake day!
- 80g Raspberries
- 130ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 2tsp Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil to fry
- Blitz the raspberries with a little bit of water.
- Beat the egg with a fork.
- Add the milk, olive oil, and 1/2 the raspberry mixture to the egg and whisk.
- Add the baking soda to the flour and mix.
- Add the rest of the raspberries and combine all of the ingredients.
- Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes – this is important to make sure the pancakes are fluffy and airy.
Time to cook…
- Melt coconut oil in an already hot pan and ladle a dollop of the mixture onto the pan.
- Flip after a couple of minutes and repeat with all of the mixture.
- To serve you can add any toppings you like, I used banana and chocolate sauce but more berries would also work.