This is a really easy dinner to throw in the oven, and the chicken can be swapped for a meat-free alternative such as halloumi or a vegetarian chicken substitute. The vegetables for the sauce are cooked in the same pan as the skewers and can either be blended to make a sauce or served as a garnish. The most important part of this recipe is to remember to soak the skewer sticks in water before you put them in the oven !
300g Chicken Breast
1 Red Onion
- Soak the skewer sticks in water whilst you prep.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the chicken into medium-sized chunks.
- Roughly chop the onions and peppers into similar sized pieces.
- Arrange the skewer sticks with the order – onion, pepper, chicken, onion, pepper, chicken.
- Put all the leftover vegetables into an ovenproof pan with a drizzle of oil, a dash of pepper, and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Add garlic cloves – don’t worry about peeling them, you will be able to squeeze the garlic out later.
- Lay the skewers on top of the vegetables and put it the oven.
- Cook for about 25 mins, until the chicken is cooked through.
- You can serve the skewers on a bed of the vegetables or…
- Put the vegetables from the pan into a blender and squeeze the garlic in.
- Blend and serve as a dipping sauce.
Save up to 30% with our bundles
Grab a saving by bundling together our best-sellers and experience feeding freedom here, there & everywhere.Go to bundles