So here’s our quick, 20 minute homemade ‘mummy rolls’ that little weaners, big kids, and of course the parents can enjoy this week (whilst fitting FRIGHTFULLY well into our Snack + Store Tray for adventures) pretty cool right?
- One packed of ready rolled puff pastry (keep it refrigerated until the last moment for best shaping!)
- Three sausages of your choice (opt for lower salt if making for babies)
- Cheese (grated or thinly sliced)
- Mayonnaise (for the eyes)
- Raisins (for the eyes)
- Pre cook your sausages and slice into thirds
- Take your ready rolled pastry and cut into small rectangles
- Place your sausage and cheese into the middle of each rectangle leaving pastry either side
- Now slice the pastry on both side into long ‘slither’ like bandages
- Fold the bandage pieces over the sausage and cheese, alternating sides (this can be messy as it’s a scary mummy, but be sure to leave a few small gaps for the eyes!)
- Once completely ‘mummified’ pop into the oven and bake until golden at 180 degrees – usually around 15-20 minutes
- For the eyes, squirt two circles of mayonnaise and cut a raisin in half for the pupil
- SERVE (add a little ketchup for ‘blood’)
TIP: these are fantastic cold and are perfect for this weekend’s planned adventures. Store in one of our airtight snack containers in the fridge or Itsy Insulatez!
Are you trying this with the little ones this Halloween, tag us in your creations at @itsykids.
Save up to 30% with our bundles
Grab a saving by bundling together our best-sellers and experience feeding freedom here, there & everywhere.Go to bundles