Cupboard Cooking – our guide to quick, healthy snacks that your little one’s will love
DID YOU KNOW?
Babies have super small tums that fill up quickly, so they need to eat multiple times throughout the day in order to take in enough of the energy needed to support their rapid growth (quick, get us a coffee!) The average little human will increase their body weight 200% in just the first 12 months of life and then quadruple in 24! We know that boredom, frustration, and being inside can lead to a rise in tiny hands inside the cookie jar, so here are our low cost, super quick, super easy snack ideas for babies and toddlers.
Whip up fresh, batch cook, or just go with the flow:
- Steamed or roasted vegetables (add hummus to dip as an extra!)
- Peanut butter on wholemeal toast
- Energy balls (check out our instagram we’ll be making these this week!)
- Cheese and sliced apple
- Boiled or scrambled eggs
- Egg cups – whisk eggs, add your favourite toppings and bake in muffin tins for 10 minutes!
- No sugar pancakes – whisk a mashed banana, one egg, and a teaspoon of flour and fry!
- Fruit smoothies
- Last night’s leftovers? Save vegetables, pasta, fish and more – just ensure all food is properly stored after mealtimes.
- Soup – use up old vegetables and mix with low salt stock!
- Cottage cheese with berries
- Crackers with cream cheese or mashed avocado
- Slices of soft avocado or banana
- Baked oat bars – make your usual porridge, pour into a baking dish and cook for 15 mins, then slice and serve!
What have been your favourite go to healthy snacks whilst staying indoors? Tag us in your creations and we’ll share @itsykids – stay safe!